|For the crust|
|Cracker crumbs||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the filling|
|Mango puree||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Made from 2 Ripe Mangoes)|
|Gelatin||3 Tablespoon (Agar Powder)|
|Water/Fresh fruit juice||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Yellow food color||3 Drop|
|Red food color||1 Drop|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Plain greek yogurt||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the mango glaze|
|Yellow food color||2 Drop (1 or 2 Drops)|
|For decorating the cheesecake|
|Mint sprigs||2 Medium|
To prepare the base:
1. Take a saucepan, heat it on medium heat, add butter. When the butter melts, turn off the stove and add cracker crumbs. Mix well.
2. Take a 9-inch baking pan or 2 small baking pans. (Chef uses 2 small pans)
3. Divide the breadcrumbs mix in two equal portions and fill the base of both the small baking pans. Press tightly to the base of the pans. Set aside.
To prepare the mango puree:
4. Chop two ripe mangoes into fairly big chunks. In a blender, blend until smooth. Set this prepared mango puree aside.
To prepare the Agar-Juice mix:
5. Heat a saucepan on high heat. Add water or fresh fruit juice. (Do not use ready-fruit juice. Chef uses a mix of water and fresh orange juice).
6. To the juice add agar powder, stir to combine well and cook for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, turn off the stove and set aside the thickened juice mix.
7. Add the prepared mango puree to this juice mixture, stir to mix well.
8. Add 2 - 3 drops of yellow food color and 1 drop of red food color, stir and mix everything well.
9. Take a large mixing bowl. Add cream cheese and Greek yogurt, using a hand blender, blend to combine both.
10. Add sugar (add 1/2 cup, whip/blend well, then add the other half and whip again until well combined).
11. Pour the mango puree and fresh juice mixture into this cream cheese mix, using the blender combine well.
12. Once done, fill the prepared baking pans with this filling / mixture all the way up till the top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the filled baking pans for 8 hours.
To prepare the Mango Glaze:
13. Heat a saucepan with mango puree to medium heat.
14. Add sugar, stir to mix until well combined and the sugar dissolves to thicken the puree.
15. When the mango puree and sugar mixture starts boiling, stir continuously until thick. Turn off the stove and set aside to cool down completely.
16. Once the cheesecakes sets (after 8 hours of refrigerating), spread the prepared mango glaze on top. Decorate with blueberries, strawberries and a sprig of mint.
17. Serve chilled.
Calories 444Calories from Fat 237
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.5%
Saturated Fat 15 g75%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 327 mg13.63%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 34 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 3552Calories from Fat 1896
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 216 g332%
Saturated Fat 120 g600%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2616 mg109.04%
Total Carbohydrates 352 g117.6%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 272 g
Protein 72 g144%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet