|Chocolate wafer cookies||24 , crushed to make 1 1/4 cups|
|Cream cheese||24 Ounce (3 Packages Of 8 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Dairy sour cream||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||3 Ounce (3 Squares Of 1 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh raspberries||3 (A Few, For Garnish)|
|For strawberry sauce|
|Frozen strawberries||10 Ounce , thawed (1 Package)|
|Currant jelly||8 Ounce (1 Jar)|
1. For the strawberry sauce, puree the strawberries and mix the cornstarch, sugar and currant jelly in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Cook in the microwave for 6-8 minutes at full power or until thick and clear, stirring throughout the cooking time. Keep it aside to be served later.
3. Melt butter in a large bowl in microwave for 45 seconds at full power.
4. Mix the cookie crumbs and mix properly with butter.
5. In a microwave safe spring form pan press the crumb mixture at the bottom.
6. Cook the crumb base in microwave for 1 minute at full power, rotating after 30 seconds.
7. In a microwave safe glass mixing bowl cook the cream cheese uncovered for 3-3 1/2 minutes at half power or until soft.
8. Now beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer or wooden spoon until creamy.
9. Now add 3/4 cup of sugar and beat well.
10. Put the eggs and vanilla and beat further more until smooth.
11. Put in the sour cream and smoothen it by beating a little bit more.
12. In a medium glass bowl melt the chocolate by cooking it for 3 to 3 ½ minutes unwrapped at half power, stirring halfway through the cooking.
13. Put in 1/2 cup of sugar and take out 1 1/2 cups of the cream cheese mixture and blend into the chocolate mixture.
14. Whisk nicely and continuously until it becomes really smooth.
15. In a large bowl pour the cream cheese mixture and top of it pour the chocolate mixture and gently swirl with a spatula to create a marble effect.
16. Pour this mixture in the spring form pan on top of the crumb base.
17. Put it in the microwave and cook it for 11 to 13 minutes at half power, rotating the pan every 2 minutes.
18. Remove and let it rest for 15-20 minutes, refrigerate when cold enough.
19. Take a plastic sling and remove the cake from the pan and cut it into 12 wedges.
20. On dessert plates put 1 tablespoon of warm strawberry sauce and place the cake on top of it.
21. Serve immediately garnished with fresh raspberries.
Calories 507Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.2%
Saturated Fat 17 g85%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 223 mg9.29%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 44 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 6084Calories from Fat 3324
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 384 g590.4%
Saturated Fat 204 g1020%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2676 mg111.48%
Total Carbohydrates 636 g212.4%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 528 g
Protein 84 g168%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet