|For ginger pecan crust|
|All purpose flour||4 1/2 Ounce (1 Cup Or 121 Grams)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||2 Ounce (1/4 Cup Or 54 Grams)|
|Pecans||1 1/4 Ounce (1/3 Cup Or 33 Grams)|
|Chopped crystallized ginger||1 1/2 Ounce (1/4 Cup Or 40 Grams)|
|Cold unsalted butter||4 Ounce , cut into 1/2|
|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
|For pumpkin cheesecake filling|
|Pumpkin puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Cream cheese||1 1/4 Pound , softened (567 Grams)|
|Granulated sugar||3 1/2 Ounce (1/2 Cup Or 100 Grams)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||4 Ounce (1/2 Cup Or 108 Grams)|
|Cornstarch||1/4 Ounce (1 Tablespoon Or 7 Grams)|
|For sugared pumpkin seeds|
|Hulled pumpkin seeds||2 1/2 Ounce (1/2 Cup Or 70 Grams, Raw Ones)|
|Egg white||1 Large|
|Granulated sugar||1 Ounce (2 Tablespoon Or 25 Grams)|
|Ground cinnamon||1/8 Teaspoon|
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 3-inch springform pan. Cut an 18-inch square of heavy-duty aluminum foil and wrap the foil around the outside of the pan.
2. Place the flour, sugar, salt, pecans, and ginger in the bowl of a food processor and process until the pecans are finely ground. Add the butter and process until the mixture forms coarse crumbs. Add the water and process until the dough starts to come together. Press the dough into an even layer over the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. Bake the crust for 25 to 30 minutes, until it is just beginning to brown. Place the pan on a wire rack and cool completely. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
5. In the bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese at medium-low speed until creamy, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Gradually add the sugars and beat until blended. Add the pumpkin mixture and mix until blended. Add the cornstarch and mix just until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
6. Scrape the batter into the cooled crust. Place the wrapped pan in a roasting pan or large baking pan. Pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come 1 inch up the sides of the springform pan. Bake the cheesecake in the water bath for 70 to 80 minutes, until the center of the cake is set but slightly wobbly (the cake will set completely as it cools).
7. Remove the cake pan from the water bath, place the pan on a wire rack, and carefully loosen the foil. Immediately run the tip of a paring knife around the sides of the pan, to prevent the top from cracking. Let the cake cool completely.
8. Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours before serving.
9. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
10. Place the pumpkin seeds in a small bowl. In another small bowl, whisk the egg white just until frothy. Add just enough of the egg white to the pumpkin seeds to coat them. Add the salt, sugar, and cinnamon, and toss well to coat the seeds.
11. Spread the seeds in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake, tossing them occasionally with a metal spatula, for 15 to 20 minutes, until they begin to dry and color. Place the pan on a wire rack and cool completely.
12. With your fingers, separate any clumps of seeds. (The seeds can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.)
13. To serve, remove the side of the pan and slice the cake with a thin-bladed sharp knife, wiping the knife clean between each cut. Garnish each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of sugared pumpkin seeds.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 5950Calories from Fat 3435
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 392 g603.1%
Saturated Fat 207 g1035%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3292 mg137.17%
Total Carbohydrates 535 g178.3%
Dietary Fiber 17 g68%
Sugars 361 g
Protein 98 g196%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet