In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make a Beer Cheese Fondue. This is wonderful when served as an appetizer also great at a party, such as a Super Bowl party!
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs) , finely shredded (sharp)|
|Garlic powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1/8 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||4 Drop (or to taste, Tabasco, or other hot pepper sauce will be fine.))|
|Melba||1 Cup (16 tbs) (whole grain melba rounds)|
|Celery sticks||1 Cup (16 tbs) , washed, dried with paper toweling, and cut into sticks|
|Sesame bread sticks||200 Gram|
|Summer sausage slices||150 Gram|
1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and Cheddar cheese. Stir until well combined and set aside.
2. In a medium-sized pot, add beer, garlic powder, ground red pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
3. Place the pot on medium heat, stir and bring it to boil.
4. Remove pot from heat and add cheese cornstarch mixture in it. Place the pot back on flame, stir and cook until smooth and slightly thickened.
5. On a serving platter, place a small bowl and pour sauce in it. Surround the platter with dippers like Melba, celery, bread stick, and sausage.
6. Serve fondue while beer cheese dipping sauce is still hot or very warm.
The beer cheese mixture should have a nice dipping consistency. If it is thicker then add a little more beer to get desired consistency.
You can leave leftover sauce in pan and heat it again when ready to serve.
Some other great options to serve with sauce are sliced apples and toasted French bread cubes.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2522Calories from Fat 1322
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 151 g232.3%
Saturated Fat 65 g325%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4987 mg207.79%
Total Carbohydrates 165 g55%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 103 g206%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet