Bobby Flays recipe for grilled New York Strip with bleu cheese and Vadalia onion jam, served with a warm potato salad
|Please see video|
1) Season the steak with kosher salt, pepper, thyme, canola oil on both sides. Keep aside.
2) In a bowl, mix together bleu cheese, heavy cream and parsley to a creamy consistency.
3) In a bowl, mix all the ingredients to make the baby potato dressing.
4) Take a cast iron pan on the hot grill, add bacon drippings, sauté onion in it.
5) Add red wine vinegar, grenadine, crème de cassis, red wine, jalapenos, garlic, and cook for a minute.
6) Add honey, kosher salt, pepper, stir and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes until thick. Remove from heat.
7) Place the steak on the grill and cook it on both the sides until done.
8) Put bleu cheese topping on the steak. Cook for few minutes and remove from grill.
9) Place the baby potatoes on grill and heat them through on both sides.
10) Put the potatoes in the dressing and coat them thoroughly.
11) Serve the steak topped with Vidalia onion jam along with the baby potatoes.