|Dried apricots||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Del Monte)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Monterey jack cheese||1 Pound , shredded|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce , softened|
|Milk||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Poppy seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned salt||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Golden seedless raisins||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Del Monte)|
|Finely chopped pitted dates||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped nuts||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In a small bowl, add the apricots and water. Let soak for 2 hours until soft and plump.
2. Drain and chop the apricots. Combine with raisins and dates.
3. Cut out a 12-inch X 9-inch piece of foil or wax paper.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the two cheeses and milk.
5. Use a wire whisk or wooden spoon to beat the mixture until smooth and creamy.
6. Add the poppy seeds, salt and fruits and mix lightly but thoroughly.
7. Turn the mixture out onto the piece of foil or wax paper and shape into a log.
8. Roll tightly, twisting the ends of the foil or paper like a sweet wrapper.
9. Refrigerate until the cheese mixture is firm.
10. Just before serving, un-wrap the cheese log and roll it in the nuts.
11. This makes a wonderful dessert at a party and should be accompanied by assorted crackers and fruits like grapes, apples, pears, pineapple etc.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3673Calories from Fat 2381
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 284 g436.9%
Saturated Fat 135 g675%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4818 mg200.75%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46%
Dietary Fiber 18 g72%
Sugars 107 g
Protein 156 g312%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet