|Onion||1 Large , finely chopped|
|Green pepper||1/2 , finely chopped|
|Cream and mushroom soup||10 3/4 Ounce , undiluted (1 Can)|
|Shredded american cheese||4 Ounce|
|Garlic powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Italian breadcrumbs||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2) Deskin chayotes, remove their seeds and chop them into half.
3) In a skillet put salted water and add chayotes to it and boil for about 20 minutes, till the chayotes turn soft.
4) Cool the boiled chayotes and wipe out the water and set it aside.
5) In a skillet add butter and cook bacon slices in it till it turns crispy.
6) Put this crispy bacon on paper towels and reserve its drippings.
7) Crush bacon and set it aside.
8) In the same skillet fry greenpepper and onion in a dripping till it turns soft.
9)Allow the mixture to cool and add garlic powder, salt, pepper and soup cheese to it.
10) Add cooked chayotes to this mixture and slightly crush it using fork.
11) In last add mashed bacon and blend the mixture nicely.
12) Add this mixture to 2-quart greased casserole dish .
13) Blend butter and bread crumbs and sprinkle it on the top of casserole. 14) Layer the remaining bacon the top side of the dish. 15) Bake the mixture for about 20 minutes till it turns bubbly.
16) Serve the baked chayote cheese with any dip of your choice.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1550Calories from Fat 721
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.2%
Saturated Fat 37 g185%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3514 mg146.42%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46%
Dietary Fiber 30 g120%
Sugars 39 g
Protein 78 g156%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet