These fingers are baked using oats and cheese making it an interesting, healthy snack option. Munch on them plain, use a nice dip or add herbs and seasoning into the dough for a masala version of these straws.
|Oats flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , coarsely ground (refer handy tip)|
|Plain flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (maida)|
|Grated processed cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Chilli powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1/4 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Combine the oats flour, plain flour and salt in a bowl and mix well.
2. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
3. Add the cheese and chilli powder and mix well.
4. Add 2 tbsp of ice-cold water and knead into a semi-stiff dough.
5. Divide the dough into 25 equal portions and roll each portion into 100 mm. (4”) cylindrical long stick.
6. Arrange the straws on a greased baking dish and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 15 minutes, turn them over after 6 minutes.
7. Cool slightly and store in an air-tight container.
To get ½ cup of coarsely ground oats flour, grind ½ cup of quick cooking rolled oats in a mixer till coarse.
Make sure that you use butter kept at room temperature and not melted.