|Cauliflower||1 Medium , leaves removed and washed|
|Hot water||300 Milliliter|
|Flour||15 Milliliter (1 Spoon)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||75 Gram|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||15 Milliliter (1 Spoon)|
1) Cut the cauliflower into quarters and remove the thick stalks.
2) Put the water into the cooker and add the trivet, rim side down.
3) Stand the cauliflower on the trivet and season lightly with salt.
4) Close the cooker, bring to high pressure and cook for 4 minutes.
5) Reduce the pressure quickly.
6) Lift out the cauliflower and transfer to a lightly greased ovenproof dish.
7) Drain off the liquid from the cooker, retaining 150 ml/1/4 pint for the sauce.
8) Melt the butter or margarine in a small saucepan.
9) Stir in the flour and cook gently for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
10) Remove the pan from the heat and gradually add the reserved cooking liquid and milk, stirring vigorously.
11) Return the pan to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
Add 50 g/2 oz of the cheese and a little pepper, stir until the cheese has melted.
12) Taste and adjust the seasoning of the sauce as necessary and pour the sauce evenly over the cooked cauliflower.
13) Sprinkle the sauce with a mixture of the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
14) Brown under a hot grill.
15) Serve the cauliflower au gratin as main dish.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 903Calories from Fat 453
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.5%
Saturated Fat 32 g160%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1382 mg57.58%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 22 g88%
Sugars 29 g
Protein 42 g84%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet