It just isn't a fall holiday without a sinful sweet potato casserole. This recipe makes fluffy, creamy sweet potatoes seasoned with fall spices and topped with a cinnamon pecan streusel topping!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Punch a few holes in the sweet potatoes with a fork.
3. Bake for 1 hour or until fork-tender.
4. Remove from oven and let cool. Turn the oven down to 350 degrees.
5. Slice the sweet potatoes and use a spoon to scrape the tender insides into a large bowl.
6. Mash the potatoes up with a potato masher to break up and large pieces.
7. Add in the half-n-half
8. Mix the sweet potato mixture thoroughly until creamy.
9. Add in the brown sugar and white sugar
10. Add in the cinnamon, cloves, ginger & nutmeg
11. Add in the melted butter.
12. Add in the flour to thicken if needed. Mix well.
13. Taste the mixture to make sure it taste good and sweet (but not to sweet since we still have that yummy sweet topping to add to it. Add in more spices to suit your taste buds if needed.)
14. Add in the eggs and mix well.
15. Spoon the mixture evenly into a 9X9 inch pan. Set aside.
16. In medium bowl, add in all of the topping ingredients. Stir until crumbly.
17. Spoon the topping mixture evenly on top of the sweet potato mixture.
18. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
19. Serve hot