|Celery stalk||1 , chopped|
|Chicken/Fowl||1 , washed, dried|
|Chicken stock cube||1|
|Hot water||1 Pint|
1) Preheat the oven to 325F.
2) You may choose to slice the potatoes, carrots, celery, mushrooms and onions or rinse and leave them whole.
3) Into a casserole, add in the chicken or fowl and all the vegetables. If using the stock cube, first dissolve it in a pint of water
4) Next, sprinkle in any of the herbs if you wish to use.
5) Spread butter over the pieces of meat.
6) Cover the casserole tightly with a foil paper.
7) Place the casserole in the middle rack of the oven. Bake for about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours. If using an older fowl, bake it for longer wg. 2 1/2 to hours.
8) To serve the Chicken Casserole, plate the baked chicken or fowl onto a large serving dish. Arrange the vegetables on and around the chicken.
9) If desired, pour cream sauce over the dish.