My recipe for Cheesy Broccoli and Ham Crepe Bake Casserole is perfect for Easter brunch and a great way to use up left over ham. It can also be made ahead and frozen.
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon , melted|
|For the filling|
|Garlic clove||2 , minced|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Philadelphia chive and onion cream cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) , divided|
|Dijon mustard||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped broccoli||2 Cup (32 tbs) , steamed (cooked just until al dente)|
|Diced ham||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. For the crepes: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe.
3. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Cover and set aside until ready to fill.
4. For the fillin,In a small saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reduce heat to low. Stir in Philly Cream Cheese.
5. Reserve 1/2 the sauce, set aside. Add the 1/2 cup cheese, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt to the remaining sauce until cheese is melted. Stir in broccoli and ham. Cover; keep warm.
6. Spoon about 1/2 cup filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Place seam side down in a 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish that has been prepared with cooking spray.
7. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before baking. If freezing, double wrap with freezer wrap. Can be stored for up to three months.
8. Drizzle with reserved sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
9. Serve hot.