This is one of those dishes thats spicy and cool, light and filling and especially delicious and nutritious. For this Quickbite, remember, if you cant be in the tropics, you may as well bring the tropics to you!
|Canned black beans||30 Ounce (Rinsed And Drained)|
|Reduced fat coconut milk||15 Ounce|
|Small onion||1 Small , diced|
|Red pepper||1 , diced|
|Jalapenos||2 , minced|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) , chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a pan, heat extra virgin olive oil.
2. Add onions, bell peppers and jalapenos. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper as per taste.
4. Add water, coconut milk and black beans. Bring it a boil and reduce the flame to let it simmer.
5. Blend some of the beans by using a hand blender or food processor. This will make the soup creamier.
6. Add freshly chopped cilantro.
7. Serve Hearty Caribbean Black Beans Soup decorated with tortilla chips or chopped avocados.