How do you make mamajuana? The hardest job is usually done for you: stuffing the right herbs in a bottle. From there, you can get as crazy and fancy as you want. Or, you can stick with the more traditional method as we do. However, once you have finished with the bottle and it is empty, you can re-do it and reuse those herbs for many years to come.We got our bottle of mamajuana (without alcohol) in the Dominican Republic last February.
|Tea bark||100 Gram|
|Red wine||375 Milliliter|
|Honey||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a glass bottle stuff tea bark and herbs.
2. Pour little of the red wine and allow it steep for some time.
3. Drain the red wine this will remove and drain out the bitterness from the herbs.
4. Add red wine, honey and rum.
5. Tightly close the bottle with the lid and allow the herbs to infuse with the alcohol for 2 weeks.
6. Serve the Mamajuana after 2 weeks.