We made these wings in an indoor smoker. You can also cook them in the oven or on a barbeque grill. You can use this jerk recipe for pork or chicken breasts. We served ours with a delicious, healthy kale salad which is also on this video. Remember to make the marinade the day before because its best when left for 24 hours. When you cook for yourself you can Save Money, Eat Healthier, Live Greener and Have Fun!
|Chicken wings||6 Medium|
|Hickory wood chips||2 Tablespoon|
|For the marinade|
|Scallions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , chop|
|Jalapenos||1 Cup (16 tbs) , chop|
|Gluten free soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|All spice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , chop|
|Himalayan sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Raw sugar/Honey||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Cinnamon powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1/8 Teaspoon|
|For the kale salad|
|Kale leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Yellow beets||1 Cup (16 tbs) , roast|
|Red beets||1 Cup (16 tbs) , roast|
|Pine nuts||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For the dressing|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar/Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a food processor combine scallions, jalapenos, soy sauce, lime juice, all spice, garlic, Himalayan sea salt, raw sugar, ground pepper, cinnamon, ginger powder and nutmeg.
2. Process everything until smooth and transfer it in the zip lock bag.
3. Place the chicken wings and mix everything up, cover the chicken wings with the marinade.
4. Marinate for 24 hours or couple of hours.
5. Place the indoor smoker on the burner, put the hickory wood chips.
6. Cover the pan with foil, cover with a tray and place the chicken wings on top.
7. Cover the lid and place the thermometer.
8. Smoke the chicken wings for 1 hour or until it reaches about 220 degrees over medium high heat.
9. In the meantime make the kale salad, in a mixing bowl combine kale leaves, olive oil, roasted beets, pine nuts, season with salt and pepper.
10. In a bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and dry mustard, stir everything.
11. Pour the dressing over the kale salad and toss everything well.
12. Serve the Jerk Chicken Wings along with Kale Salad.
Calories 272Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.2%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 569 mg23.71%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 1632Calories from Fat 960
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 114 g175.2%
Saturated Fat 12 g60%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3414 mg142.26%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34.2%
Dietary Fiber 24 g96%
Sugars 42 g
Protein 78 g156%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet