A high protein vegetarian, vegan, main dish with garbanzo beans, Kidney beans, pumpkin, tomatoes and spices for everyday cooking. Delicious yet healthy too. For recipe visit www.massala.com
|Kidney beans||1 Cup (16 tbs) , rinsed|
|Garbanzo beans canned||1 Cup (16 tbs) , rinsed|
|Pumpkins||250 Gram , dice|
|Diced tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , grated|
|Ginger peice||1 Small , grated|
|Baby corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For the couscous|
|Whole wheat couscous||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cut the pumpkins into chunks, set aside.
2. Rinse both the beans at least 3 times in water, once done drain and set aside
3. In a large pot pour oil and grate the ginger and garlic, add the coriander seeds and red chili flakes and sauté for few minutes.
4. Add the kidney beans, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, baby corn and pumpkins.
5. Add the water and coconut milk, add salt stir and cover the pot, simmer for 40 minutes.
6. After 40 minutes, add the black pepper and stir, check if the vegetables are fork tender, once done turn off the heat.
7. In a large bowl combine the couscous, salt water and olive oil, cover it with a foil and let it sit for 15 minutes.
8. Once the couscous is ready, place it in the edges of the serving plate and put the stew in the center.
9. Serve the Jamaican bean stew hot.
Rinse the beans at least 3 times in water.