Today's vlog is a new thing I'm doing called Foodie Friday Features where I'll be featuring recipes, tips, and ideas from the food world that I think are just great - starting today with a giveaway, a no fail recipe for jerk chicken in the oven, and idea for using seasonal grapes in a curry!
|Whole chicken||1 , cut into pieces|
|Onion||1/2 , chopped|
|Dried thyme||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ground all spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Spiced rum||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground turkey/Ground chicken||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium , diced|
|Diced vegetables/Diced fruits||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Green curry paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium chicken stock||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Asian chili garlic sauce||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Basmati rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cilantro/Basil||1 Tablespoon (for garnish) (Optional)|
FOR JERK CHICKEN
1. In a food processor, put all ingredients and mix on high for 15 pulses.
2. Pour the marinade into a large ziplock bag and add the chicken, mix well, and marinate overnight or for at least two hours.
3. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. After the chicken breasts have marinated, place them on the prepared baking sheet and bake in a 350 oven for one hour, or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165. Turn twice while roasting.
FOR EVERYDAY CURRY
1. Spray a non stick pan with olive or PAM. Add in the onions and vegetables, saute them over medium high heat until the onions soften and begin to go translucent.
2. Add the meat and continue to saute until the meat is cooked through and beginning to turn golden brown. Reduce heat to medium. Add the green curry paste and coconut milk and stir until well incorporated. Add the chicken stock, brown sugar, and chili garlic sauce. Bring to a boil, and then turn down and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes (if you're using fruit, add it at this point).
3. Cook rice in two cups water following the package directions.
4. Serve the curry over cooked rice, garnish with a little fresh cilantro or basil for added colour and flavour.
Calories 1459Calories from Fat 783
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g135.4%
Saturated Fat 34 g170%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1172 mg48.83%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 96 g192%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 5836Calories from Fat 3132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 352 g541.6%
Saturated Fat 136 g680%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4688 mg195.32%
Total Carbohydrates 268 g89.2%
Dietary Fiber 28 g112%
Sugars 68 g
Protein 384 g768%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet