Salted Caramel Macchiato Candies, to be exact. Perfect to twist up in glassine and pass out as Christmas party favors or even tucked into festive boxes to give out as gifts. How about pairing it with my chocolate truffles?
|Brown sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Espresso||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Golden syrup||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs) (room temperature)|
|Unsalted butter||10 Tablespoon , melted|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1/4 Teaspoon (Himalayan pink salt or any other salt of your choice)|
|Cooking spray||3 Dash|
|Coarse salt||1/4 Teaspoon|
1. Spray and line a pan with parchment paper.
2. In a tall and heavy bottomed pot, heat together sugar, espresso, and golden syrup, until bubbly, swirl and do not stir the mixture.
3. Turn off the heat and stream in the melted butter, heavy cream and the vanilla extract.
4. Return the pot to heat, using a candy thermometer check the temperature and allow the mixture come to a temperature of 244 - 248 degrees F.
6. Pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle the salt on it.
7. Allow it to set for a few hours.
8. Slice, wrap and serve as desired.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 5514Calories from Fat 2777
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 314 g483.1%
Saturated Fat 191 g955%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1911 mg79.63%
Total Carbohydrates 707 g235.7%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 661 g
Protein 18 g36%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet