|Maraschino cherries with stems||26 Ounce , undrained (Use 1 Jar Of 16|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon , softened|
|Light corn syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Sifted powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Semi||sweet chocolate morsels|
1. Drain 50 cherries, pat dry on absorbent paper towels, and set aside.
2. Reserve remaining cherries for other uses.
3. In a medium mixing bowl combine butter, syrup and salt stirring well.
4. Stir in powdered sugar and knead in bowl until smooth.
5. Shape 1/2 teaspoon sugar mixture around each cherry.
6. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper, place the prepared cherries and chill about 2 hours or until firm.
7. In top of a double boiler combine chocolate and shortening and bring water to a boil.
8. Reduce heat to low and cook until chocolate melts.
9. Dip each cherry by the stem into chocolate.
10. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper, place the chocolate coated cherries on it and chill until firm.
11. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
12. Serve as snacks, with beverages or as desired.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 4439Calories from Fat 1307
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 149 g229.2%
Saturated Fat 87 g435%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 547 mg22.79%
Total Carbohydrates 800 g266.7%
Dietary Fiber 23 g92%
Sugars 721 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet