|Butter/Margarine||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , softened|
|Sifted powdered sugar||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1/8 Teaspoon|
|Maraschino cherries with stems||42|
|Semisweet chocolate morsels||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk chocolate bar||4 Ounce , broken into pieces (1/2 Of 8 Ounce)|
1. In a bowl, using a hand blender, cream butter; gradually add sugar, whisking well.
2. Add in milk, vanilla and almond extracts.
3. Through a sieve, drain cherries; dry on absorbent paper towels.
4. With your hands, Shape a small amount of sugar mixture around each cherry.
5. Keep them on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet; chill 2 hours or until firm.
6. In top of a double boiler, melt the chocolates with shortening.
7. Dip each cherry by the stem into chocolate.
8. Keep the chocolate dipped cherries, on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet; chill until firm.
9. Serve right away or store in a cool place.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3547Calories from Fat 1264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 143 g220%
Saturated Fat 84 g420%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 111 mg4.63%
Total Carbohydrates 565 g188.3%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 527 g
Protein 10 g20%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet