Lynn demonstrates how to make a Classic Vanilla Cupcake. You can frost this with chocolate, vanilla, strawberry or whatever frosting you prefer. This recipe is easily doubled if you need more than 12.
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) , softened|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cold milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, stir in the flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
4. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and beating well after each addition. Followed by vanilla extract.
5. Add in the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well. Add milk and mix to incorporate.
6. Divide evenly in the muffin pan and bake in the preheated oven for 18-24 minutes or a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Take out the cupcakes and cool completely before frosting.
8. Frost the cupcakes and serve for dessert.