Perfect combination of chocolate and stout makes the cake magnificent!
|Stout||300 Milliliter (1 1/4 cups)|
|Molasses||75 Milliliter (1/3 cup cooking molasses)|
|All purpose flour||240 Gram (1 2/3 cups)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||90 Gram (3/4 cup)|
|Baking powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Softened butter||275 Gram (1 1/4 cups)|
|Packed brown sugar||350 Gram (1 1/2 cups)|
|Eggs||3 Large (at room temperature)|
|Semisweet chocolate||175 Gram , finely chopped (6 ounce)|
|For the glaze|
|35% cream||175 Milliliter (3/4 cup)|
|Semisweet chocolate||175 Gram (6 ounce)|
|Softened butter||1 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F or 180 degree C.
2. Grease a 10-cup Bundt pan with butter and lightly coat with cocoa powder. Tap out excess cocoa and set aside.
3. Place a saucepan on high heat and combine stout and molasses in it. Bring it just to a simmer. Remove from the heat and set aside while preparing the batter.
4. In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter on medium speed until smooth and pale.
6. Add the brown sugar to the butter and cream until light and fluffy.
7. Add the eggs one at a time, and beat after each addition.
8. Turn the mixer to low speed, add the flour and stout mixtures a little at a time, alternating, beginning and ending with the flour. Then beat at medium speed until the batter is smooth.
9. Add chopped chocolate and mix well.
10. Into the prepared pan, pour the batter and spread it evenly. Run a knife through the batter to eliminate any air pockets.
11. Pop the pan in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out with just some moist crumbs attached.
12. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool on a rack for 20 minutes. Transfer it to a wire rack and let it cool while you make the glaze.
13. In a saucepan, pour cream and bring it to a boil on high heat.
14. Remove the pan from heat and add the chocolate. Let stand for 1 minute and then whisk until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
15. Drizzle the cake with glaze while both are still warm, then let cool before serving.
16. Cut in slices, serve and enjoy!
Calories 580Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.8%
Saturated Fat 19 g95%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 309 mg12.88%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 48 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 6960Calories from Fat 3408
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 396 g609.6%
Saturated Fat 228 g1140%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3708 mg154.56%
Total Carbohydrates 876 g291.6%
Dietary Fiber 48 g192%
Sugars 576 g
Protein 84 g168%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet