A Simple dish to celebrate Independence day. It was really fun cooking with two lovely kids. This is my first homemade cake with frosting.
|Chocolate cake mix||250 Gram|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||2 Drop|
|Food color (saffron)||1 Pinch|
|Food color (green)||1 Pinch|
1) Mix 150 ml water and 70 grams (approx 5 tablespoons) butter or oil in a bowl (If desired one egg can be added).
2) To this, add Tops cake mix and stir well with wooden spoon until the batter becomes smooth.
3) Grease inside of a baking pan with oil or butter and sprinkle with wheat flour.
4) Pour half batter into baking pan and bake in pre heated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 20-25 minutes or microwave for 5-6 minutes.
5) Cake is ready when a poked tooth pick or knife comes out clean.
6) Cool the cake on wire rack.
7) Repeat with rest of the cake batter.
8) Keep cake layers aside.
1) In a large bowl whip cream and powdered sugar with milk or water until it becomes fluffy. Add almond extract to it.
2) Divide the frosting in 3:2 parts. Keep 2 parts of frosting separately.
3) Add a pinch of saffron color in the frosting and stir well.
4) Add a pinch of green color in 2nd part of frosting and stir well.
5) Keep the 3rd part of frosting as it is.
1) Place one cake layer on a cake plate and spread 2 parts of frosting equally.
2) Place another cake layer on the frosted cake layer and divide Top of the cake in 3 equal parts.
3) On the top part of the top cake layer, spread saffron frosting equally.
4) On the middle part of the top cake layer, spread white frosting equally.
5) On the last part of the top cake layer, spread green frosting equally.
6) Refrigerate overnight before serving.
1) Cake can also be baked in pressure cooker (30-35 minutes) without whistle.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2813Calories from Fat 704
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118.5%
Saturated Fat 52 g260%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2120 mg88.33%
Total Carbohydrates 513 g171%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44%
Sugars 326 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet