My favorite thing in the world: chocolate. Im the biggest chocoholic ever. Lucky for me, so is my family. Were strong believers that you really cant trust people that dont like chocolate. There just has to be something wrong with them! My daddys birthday was this week. I asked him what he wanted for him birthday.. you know like cologne, a tie, maybe a shirt. No, not in this family! He wanted a chocolate cake and thats it. Hey, I wasnt going to fight the man its his birthday not mine. So then I decided to make the most chocolately cake out there. Who needs flour? That just takes takes up space that could be used for more chocolate. This cake is very easy, very impressive, and very rich! You only need a little sliver to satisfy even the biggest sweet tooth.
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Semi||sweet chocolate chips|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Tablespoon|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Teaspoon|
1. Line the bottom of a 9″ spring form pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
2. Wrap the outside of pan with aluminium foil.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
4. In a saucepan over medium heat, heat cream until it start to bubble around the edges.
5. Turn the heat off, and slowly add in the chocolate chips and whish as you add until all the chocolate melts.
6. Add in the vanilla and little bit of butter at a time and whisk until everything is melted, set aside.
7. In a bowl, put together eggs, brown sugar, and salt, and beat with an electric mixer about 5 minutes or until the eggs have doubled in volume.
8. Stream in little chocolate mixture in to the eggs and whisk to combine, add in the remaining chocolate mixture and whisk well. Do not over mix.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the oven for one hour.
10. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
11. Put the cake into the refrigerator allow to sit overnight.
12. Next day, run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen it.
13. Remove the pan and invert the cake on a cake stand.
14. Arrange the raspberries all over the top, sprinkle with powdered sugar, cut and serve as desired.
You can dust with cocoa power, put mixed berries on the top, drizzle with chocolate, anything you want.
Calories 631Calories from Fat 344
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60%
Saturated Fat 19 g95%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 276 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 46 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 5048Calories from Fat 2752
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 312 g480%
Saturated Fat 152 g760%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2208 mg92%
Total Carbohydrates 520 g173.6%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 368 g
Protein 64 g128%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet