One of my absolute favorite things in the world to do is wake up on the weekends and make a delicious breakfast. If youve read any of my earlier posts youll know that Im obsessed with breakfast. I have a tie for my favorite meal of the day: breakfast and dessert. I think it might be due to the fact Im addicted to sugar. Anyways this is one of my favorite recipes because it can be used for either! Breakfast or dessert. YES! My life is complete. The sour cream keeps this cake extra moist and the maple syrup glaze gives it a little something special.
|Unsalted butter||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) , at room tempreture ((For the Cake))|
|Sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg||3 Large ((For the Cake))|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 1/2 Teaspoon ((For the Cake))|
|Sour cream||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) ((For the Cake))|
|Plain flour||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs) ((For the Cake))|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon ((For the Cake))|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon ((For the Cake))|
|Light brown sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) ((For the Streusel Topping))|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1/2 Teaspoon ((For the Streusel Topping))|
|Cold butter||4 Tablespoon , cut in cubes|
|For maple syrup glaze|
|Confectioners sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) ((For the Glaze))|
|Maple syrup||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) ((For the Glaze))|
1. Preheat the oven to 350*F
2. Line the bottom of a 10” spring form pan with parchment paper and spray the sides and bottom with non-stick spray.
For the cake
3. In a bowl cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer, until smooth.
3. Add in the eggs, and vanilla, mix lightly, add in sour cream, mix until smooth.
4. Put in baking soda, baking powder, plain flour and salt, mix until well-incorporated and smooth, set aside.
For the Streusel
5. In a bowl put together brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and butter.
6. With your fingers and pinch the butter into the mixture until it forms a crumble and grainy in texture.
7. In a spring form pan, put half of the cake batter, flatten and spread it with a spatula.
8. Sprinkle and spread 3/4 of the streusel, cover the cake batter.
9. Put the remaining half of the cake batter and spread it evenly.
10. Sprinkle rest of the streusel over the batter.
11. Bake in the oven for one hour or until toothpick inserted in the middle and it comes out clean.
12. Remove the cake out of the oven and allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
13. Take the cake out of the pan and allow to cool completely.
14. In a small bowl, add together powdered sugar and maple syrup and mix until well combined.
15. Drizzle the glaze with a fork or spoon, over the cake.
16. Slice, and serve with coffee, tea or milk, if desired.
Calories 922Calories from Fat 452
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.5%
Saturated Fat 31 g155%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 476 mg19.83%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 64 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 7376Calories from Fat 3616
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 408 g628%
Saturated Fat 248 g1240%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3808 mg158.64%
Total Carbohydrates 888 g296%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 512 g
Protein 56 g112%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet