Fresh apples and honey layered into a moist white cake. It isn't Rosh Hashana without this glorious crown cake!
|Granny smith apple/Tart baking apples||2 1/2 Pound , peeled, cored, and sliced|
|Sugar||2 1/3 Cup (37.33 tbs) ((1/3 cup for apples +2 cup for cake))|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs) (for cake)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon (for cake)|
|Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for cake)|
|Egg||4 Large (for cake)|
|Orange juice||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (for cake)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon (for cake)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (for cake)|
|Apricot jam||4 Tablespoon , heated (3|
1. Preheat oven to 325 degree.
2. With an apple peeler, peel, core, and slice apples. Cut the slices into half, and place it in a large bowl.
3. Pour honey and cinnamon. Gently mix them together.
4. Count out 14 half apple slices for decoration, and set aside.
5. Crunch the remaining slices into little smaller pieces.
6. In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
7. Then, throw canola oil, egg, orange juice, and vanilla in it.
8. Put the bowl on mixer and blend for a few seconds on low. Then blend for another 2 minutes on high.
9. Scrape off the mixture.
10. In a 9-inch angel tube pan, spray non-stick oil at the bottom.
11. Pour 1/3 of the batter in pan. Spread it evenly to cover the bottom.
12. Lay ½ of the crunched apple pieces on the batter.
13. Again pour ½ of the remaining batter in the pan. Spread.
14. Layer the remaining apple slices on top. Pour ½ honey cinnamon liquid on it.
15. Top it with remaining batter. Wet your hands in honey cinnamon liquid, and spread the batter evenly.
16. Finally, arrange the apple slices around the top of the cake. Drizzle the remaining honey cinnamon liquid on top, if any.
17. Place the pan in oven and bake for about 90 minutes, or until your cake springs back when gently touched.
18. When baked, remove the pan from oven, and allow it to rest for ½ hour on wire rack.
19. Put a sharp knife straight against the metal ,and move it all around. Remove the outer pan and allow it to cool.
20. With a sharp knife, gently loosen the cake from the center ,and base. Spin and take out the tube.
21. On a plate place the cake, and brush apricot glaze on top.
22. Slice and serve apple crown cake.
If you are using a 9-inch tube pan then this recipe will make 1 cake, and in case of 7-inch pan you can
make 2 cakes with the same batter.
Do not apply oil on the sides of pan, because it will stop your cake from rising.
Lay the apple pieces carefully, ensuring that they do not stick to the sides.
You can dip your finger in the cinnamon and honey liquid in the bowl, and scrape of the batter, if any sticking on the sides.
Calories 632Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.5%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 341 mg14.21%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.7%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 63 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 6320Calories from Fat 2210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 250 g385%
Saturated Fat 20 g100%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3410 mg142.1%
Total Carbohydrates 980 g327%
Dietary Fiber 50 g200%
Sugars 630 g
Protein 70 g140%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet