|Orange marmalade||1 1/3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Dark rum||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ladyfingers||21 Ounce (3 packets)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) , whipped|
|Chocolate curls||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) Line a 1 1/2-quart decorative mould with a plastic wrap.
2) In a small bowl, mix in orange marmalade with 1/3 cup of rum. Mix well.
3) Keep aside 1/4 cup of the mixture. Chill and use it later.
4) Slice the ladyfingers into two. Brush the sliced sides with 1/3 cup of rum.
5) Arrange two layers of split ladyfingers at the bottom of the mould, their cut side facing up.
6) Spread 2 tablespoons of marmalade on top.
7) Arrange two more layers of the split ladyfingers on top.
8) Place a row of ladyfingers vertically around the side against the mould. Keep layering till you fill half of the mould. Cover the top with plastic wrap. Chill overnight.
9) Take the plastic wrap off. Invert the mould onto the serving plate. Take the mould off and wrap the cake.
10) Add 1/4 cup of the marmalade rum mixture over the cake, allowing it to drizzle down the sides.
11) Take a pastry tube with a number 5 star tip and make rosettes of whipped cream around the base of the cake and on top.
12) Garnish with chocolate curls on top of the rosettes. Chill before serving.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2378Calories from Fat 795
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g138.5%
Saturated Fat 55 g275%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 392 mg16.33%
Total Carbohydrates 358 g119.3%
Dietary Fiber 22 g88%
Sugars 282 g
Protein 20 g40%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet