|Castor sugar||4 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||4 Ounce (If Using Plain Flour, Use 1 Level Teaspoon Of Baking Powder With It)|
|Sultanas||2 Ounce , halved|
|Hot water||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Cream together the sugar and butter till the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the vanilla essence.
3) Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time.
4) Fold in the baking powder (if using) as well as the sieved flour. Then add the hot water and sultanas.
5) Fill greased bun tins about two-thirds full with the batter.
6) Bake neat the top of the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
7) Turn the freshly baked cake out on a cake rack and ice, if preferred. Transfer the cake to a serving plate and serve warm, at room temperature or chilled. Makes a good dessert.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2004Calories from Fat 910
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g156.9%
Saturated Fat 19 g95%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 181 mg7.54%
Total Carbohydrates 247 g82.3%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 148 g
Protein 26 g52%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet