|Unsweetened chocolate square||1|
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) , sifted|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Grease a 8X1 1/2-inch layer cake pan and lightly dust it with flour.
3) In a double broiler, melt the chocolate over hot water. Allow the chocolate to cool down.
4) Into a large bowl, sift together sugar, soda and salt. Mix in shortening and sour cream. Beat the mixture for 2 minutes using an electric mixer on MEDIUM.
5) Next, add in the egg, vanilla and melted chocolate along with 2 tablespoons of hot water. Beat the mixture for 2 more minutes.
6) Transfer the mixture into the baking pan.
7) Bake for about 35 minutes. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes.
8) Transfer the cake onto a cooling rack and let cool down completely.
9) Serve the One 8 Inch Fudge Cake Layer frosted with chocolate fudge syrup, if desired.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2047Calories from Fat 850
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g149.2%
Saturated Fat 37 g185%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1825 mg76.04%
Total Carbohydrates 282 g94%
Dietary Fiber 20 g80%
Sugars 154 g
Protein 33 g66%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet