|Flour||5 Ounce (Use 1 1/4 Level Teaspoons Of Baking Powder With Plain Flour)|
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce|
|For topping and filling:|
|Thick cream||1/4 Pint|
|Canned peach halves||12 , drained|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Liberally grease 12 deep patty or bun tins.
3) Sieve together the flour and baking powder, if using, thoroughly.
4) Cream together the fat and sugar till the mixture is light and fluffy.
5) Add the well beaten eggs, 1 at a time, adding a single tablespoon of flour with each addition of egg to prevent curdling.
6) With the help of a metal spoon, fold in the remaining flour.
7) Put the batter in the prepared tins.
8) Bake towards the top of the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, till the cakes are well risen and golden in color.
9) Turn out on to a wire tray and let the cakes cool.
10) Once sufficiently cooled, spread the tops of cakes with cream and put half a peach on each cake.
11) Place the cakes on a decorative serving plate and, if preferred, garnish with some more whipped cream as well as glace cherries. These make a good dessert.