|White bread flour||8 Ounce|
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C, Gas Mark 8.
2. In a large warm bowl, tip in the flour and salt and add butter while rubbing it in to form breadcrumb like mixture.
3. In another bowl, mix the yeast and sugar and pour the flour mixture into the yeast mixture. Bring this mixture together with the egg, milk and sultanas.
4. Knead the mixture well to make a dough and leave it aside to prove in a warm place until double in size. After the dough has doubled in size, remove the dough, punch it down and then knead again and divide into three. Make sure that each of the dough balls are shaped into round flat cakes. Place the buns on greased baking tins and bake 10 minutes.
5. Brush the buns with milk and sugar immediately after removing from the oven and set aside on a wire rack to cool.
6. Serve immediately or pack in polythene bags for later.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1269Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.5%
Saturated Fat 11 g55%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 390 mg16.25%
Total Carbohydrates 224 g74.7%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 46 g
Protein 41 g82%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet