|For the cake|
|Butter||4 Ounce , softened|
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce|
|Ground almonds||3 Ounce|
|Cocoa powder||2 Ounce|
|Drinking chocolate powder||1 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Coffee essence||2 Tablespoon|
|For the butter cream icing:|
|Icing sugar||4 Ounce , sifted|
|Plain chocolate||2 Ounce , melted|
|Coffee essence||2 Teaspoon|
|Icing sugar||4 Ounce (Chocolate Glace Made With This)|
|Walnut||6 , halved|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Grease a 8-inch detachable cake tin or springform pan.
3) In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar to get a light and fluffy mixture.
4) Add in the almonds, cocoa, drinking chocolate. Fold all in, while adding the eggs one at a time. Stir in the coffee last.
5) Transfer the batter into the container.
6) Bake for 45 minutes. Allow the cake to cool in its container itself for 10 minutes. Then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
7) For the icing, mix the butter and sugar in a bowl. Beat till light and fluffy. Then beat in the chocolate and coffee.
8) Slice the cake into half horizontally. Spread the butter cream icing over it.
9) To freeze the cake at this stage, keep it in the freezer till it firms up.
10) Then wrap the cake in cling film and into a freezer bag. Freeze.
11) To serve the Dark Chocolate Cake, spread the chocolate glace icing over the top of the cake. With a palette knife, smoothen out the icing.
12) Garnish the cake with the halved walnuts.
13) To thaw the cake, set at room temperature for 4 hours.
14) Serve as in steps 11 and 12.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 4370Calories from Fat 2047
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 236 g363.1%
Saturated Fat 110 g550%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1622 mg67.58%
Total Carbohydrates 541 g180.3%
Dietary Fiber 31 g124%
Sugars 403 g
Protein 57 g114%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet