|Flour||1 3/4 Cup (28 tbs) , sifted (E|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Chocolate square||3 , melted|
|Milk||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 Teaspoon , added to milk|
1. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan. Dredge it with flour and keep aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 °F before baking the cake.
3. On a sheet of wax paper, sift flour with other dry ingredients.
4. In a stand mixer bowl (or use a large bowl and electric hand beater), combine the butter and sugar.
5. Beat at medium high speed until mixture is light and creamy.
6. Add the egg yolks and melted chocolate to the creamed mixture and beat until blended to a rich velvety cream.
7. Using a spatula or batter scrapper, fold in the flour mixture, in batches, alternately adding the milk.
8. When the batter is smooth, pour it into the prepared tin, tapping is lightly on the table top to spread evenly and remove bubbles.
9. Bake immediately in the preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes, until the cake is spongy to touch and a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
10. Remove tin from the oven and let it stand for 15 minutes.
11. Invert the cake on to a wire rack and let it cool.
12. You can top the cake with your favorite frosting, top with ice-cream or slice and serve the cake plain.