|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rye flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Mix the cornmeal, rye flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices together.
2. Put the sugar, butter, water, and raisins in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and cool.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
4. Stir the dry ingredients into mixture in saucepan. Turn into an oiled 9- by 5- by 3-inch loaf pan.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Let stand in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out on a rack to cool.