This Biscuit Cake is a head-turner, with its fabulously good looks. But thats not all. Its intensely chocolaty flavour, balanced by the salty crispness of digestive biscuits, is a heavenly experience that will delight your senses. The Biscuit Cake is quite easy to make, as it is quickly prepared by mixing a creamy chocolate mixture into broken biscuits, and refrigerating it to set. However, the outcome is so delightful that nobody will believe it was so easy to make!
|Digestive biscuits||30 (broken into pieces)|
|Melted dark chocolate||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh cream||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Combine the dark chocolate and fresh cream in a deep bowl and mix well. If chocolate-cream mixture drops from the spoon instantly, then refrigerate it for 5 minutes.
2. Combine ¾ cup of water, sugar, cocoa powder and butter in a non-stick saucepan, mix well and bring to boil and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till the chocolate mixture starts boiling for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
3. Reduce the flame and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool slightly.
4. Place the digestive biscuits in a deep bowl, pour the warm chocolate mixture gradually over it and mix well using a spatula till the chocolate mixture coats the biscuit pieces evenly. Keep aside.
5. Place a loose bottom tin without the base on a flat plate, pour the biscuit-chocolate mixture in it and spread it evenly using a spatula.
6. Pour the chocolate-cream mixture over it and spread it evenly using the spatula. Finally form small peeks of chocolate-cream mixture using the spatula.
7. Loosen the sides of the tin with a knife and demould the cake.
8. Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour.