An easy and quick vanilla-flavoured sponge cake, ready in a jiffy, without the hassles of pre-heating and long baking times. Mix the ingredients as explained and pop them into the microwave, and you have a warm, aromatic Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake ready on the table within minutes. Enjoy the sponge cake as it is, or with ice-cream and chocolate sauce.
|Plain flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (maida)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Soft butter||1/2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
|Sour curd||4 Tablespoon (khatta dahi)|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
1. Grease a 150 mm. (6") diameter shallow microwave safe dish using soft butter. Line it with a piece of greaseproof paper at the bottom of the dish and again grease it using a little soft butter.
2. Sieve the plain flour and baking powder and keep aside.
3. Combine the curds and baking soda in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
4. Combine the butter, sugar and ¼ cup of hot water in another bowl and mix well using a whisk.
5. Add the curds-baking soda mixture, plain flour-baking powder mixture and vanilla essence and mix well to make a smooth batter.
6. Pour the batter into the greased microwave safe glass dish and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
7. Remove from the microwave and keep aside to cool for 5 minutes.
8. Loosen the edges with help of a butter knife and unmould. Remove the butter paper and discard it.
9. Use as required.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1752Calories from Fat 805
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g141.5%
Saturated Fat 57 g285%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1118 mg46.58%
Total Carbohydrates 219 g73%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 94 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet