Episode 3 of How To Kitchen is one for the House Of Cards fans, or just fans of cake in general! This monumental cake is all about the assembly and would be perfect for 4th July celebrations or just impressing people with your expert cake skills.
|Caster sugar||8 Ounce|
|Self rising flour||8 Ounce|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Red food gel||To Taste|
|Blue food gel||To Taste|
|Butter||5 1/3 Ounce|
|Soft icing sugar||40 Ounce|
|Vanilla extract||3 Teaspoon|
2. Cream together butter and sugar. Stop mixing when it turns pale.
3. Add eggs. Finally add sifted flour and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
4.Mix gel food color and combine. Pour into a baking tin.
5. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes on 180 C.
6. Repeat the same to make 2 more batches for the different colors.
7. Bake them in the same way.
8. Let the cakes cool down.
9. Meanwhile prepare buttercream.
10. Slice the red and white cake layer in half.
11. From one half of the red and yellow layer cut out a circle.
12. Use the same circle to cut out a circle from the blue cake.
11. Arrange the layers as shown in the video, using buttercream to seal them well.
12. Spread buttercream all over the cake to cover it properly.
12. Slice and serve.