Hey Guys!! This Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake is a great balance of sweet and tart. It will be great after any of your favorite meals and the best thing is, the recipe isn't too hard. Enjoy!
|Lemon zest||2 Tablespoon (½ for the cake/ ½ for the glaze)|
|Fresh squeezed lemon juice||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 3/4 Cup (28 tbs) (3 sticks plus 2 tablespoon for the bundt pan)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (At room temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 (At room temperature)|
|Cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Plus 2 tablespoon for dusting the pan)|
|Baking soda||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
1. Zest the lemon and squeeze the juice. Set aside.
2. Grease the bundt pan and dust it with flour.
3. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
4. Whip cream cheese and butter until nice and smooth.
5. Add sugar and whip until nice and fluffy.
6. Start incorporating eggs one at a time.
7. Pour lemon juice and mix until nicely incorporated.
8. In a separate bowl sift up all purpose flour, baking soda and salt and add it to the batter bowl, one cup at a time until nicely incorporated. Continue to whisk until everything is nicely mixed.
9. Add lemon zest and fold it in.
10. Pour the batter to the bundt pan and bake it for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until done.
11. Set the cake to cool.
12. Meanwhile prepare the icing by mixing together lemon juice, zest, sugar and milk. Whisk to get rid of all the lumps.
13. Invert the cake on a wire mesh and let it cool for another hour.
14. Drizzle the icing on top.
15. Slice and serve the cake. Enjoy!!