How to make the best and easiest apple cinnamon cake ever!
|Apple||1 1/2 , peeled, cored and chopped|
|Lemon||1 , juiced and zested|
|Eggs||3 , whites and yolks separated|
|Powdered sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter stick||1 , melted|
|Self rising flour||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the glaze|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, add the apple chunks and drizzle with lemon juice and add the zest. Stir well and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine one egg white with 1 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and mix well. Add in the yolks and mix well. Now gradually pour in the melted butter and stir well.
3. In a large bowl, combine self rising flour with cinnamon. Add this flour mixture to the eggs and butter mixture, gradually and stir to form a stiff cake batter.
4. Add the apples followed by the walnuts to this mixture.
5. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Now gently fold these egg whites into the cake mixture, a little at a time.
6. Transfer the mixture into a swirl pan and bake for an hour.
7. In a bowl, combine one cup of powderd sugar with juice of a lemon to form the glaze.
8. Allow the cake to cool down and then drizzle with the glaze.
9. Slice and serve.