Betty demonstrates how to make Chocolate Dr. Pepper Cake. This is a cake that features the popular Dr. Pepper soda.
|Dr. pepper soda||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||4 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooking oil spray||1/2 Teaspoon (((as needed)))|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Grease a 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking dish with cooking oil spray and set aside.
3. In a saucepan, heat Dr. Pepper, oil, butter, and cocoa powder over medium flame until mixture come to a boil. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, and baking soda. Mix well and add the mixture into the saucepan with butter cocoa powder mixture. Mix well and set aside.
5. In a large bowl, combine egg and buttermilk. Beat lightly.
6. Add flour mixture from the saucepan to the egg buttermilk mixture. Stir until batter is smooth.
7. Into the prepared baking dish, pour the batter and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted comes out clean. Do not overcook the cake.
8. Remove cake from oven and cool until just warm.
9. Spread Creamy Chocolate Cake frosting on cake, cut into wedges and serve. You may serve the cake unfrosted and pair it with vanilla ice cream.