Today, Lets cook up a scrumptious eggless chocolate cake, Homemade Style.. Along with a quick frosting.. Which is nothing but, our own low fat cream.. I mean our Amul cream whipped with hands and stabilized and flavored with chocolate.. Sounds thrilling to me atleast
|For chocolate cake|
|Milk||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1/2 Teaspoon (((((For Greasing)))))|
|Low fat amul cream||400 Gram , whisked till soft peaks are formed|
|Powdered sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark chocolate||150 Gram|
|Cocoa powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dark chocolate||50 Gram , melted|
|White chocolate||50 Gram , melted|
|Dark chocolate/Sprinkles||10 Gram (((((for making shavings|
|White chocolate||10 Gram (Optional)|
1. In a bowl, add the milk, vinegar, vanilla essence, and oil and mix well.
2. To a mixing bowl, add the flour, powdered sugar, corn flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and whisk to combine altogether.
3. Pour in the wet mixture to the dry and whisk well.
4. Grease a silicone cake tin / bowl of 6-7" diameter with oil. Pour the batter in.
5. Microwave the cake for 5 minutes. Mine was done in 4:30 minutes and my microwave is of 800watts. Check with a toothpick at about 4:30 if comes out clean, cake is ready. If not microwave for another 30 seconds.
6. Take the cake out and let it cool to room temperature. If you wish to serve the cake as it is without cream, you can do it warm as well. Do not apply crem to hot cake.
7. For Icing, Refrigerate the 2 packs of cream (Amul) for atleast 24 hours. Do not shake the Pack at any point.
8. Usually the cream is separated in the pack like thick cream on top and whey/thin cream in the bottom on the pack. Snip the top off, and scoop out the thick cream. Carefully take only the thick part and add to a bowl which has been kept in freezer for 15 mins.
9. In a bigger bowl, add some ice cubes and a little water and then place the bowl with cream. Start beating the cream to form peaks. It will take about 20 minutes to reach the thickness.
10. Add powdered sugar and keep aside for a moment.
11. Place 150g of dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave it for 30 second, stir and repeat until completely melted. Once melted, keep aside till it cools off to room temperature.
12. Add a little bit of cream to the chocolate and stir generously. Now add the chocolate mix to the cream and whip very well till its stiff enough. Refrigerate until ready to use.
13. To assemble, take a turntable/place a big plate over a bowl. Place the cake, and slice the cake into two layers, keep aside.
14. Mix tsp cocoa, 3 tbsp sugar and 3 tbsp water and microwave for 2 mins. Let it cool to room temperature.
15. Place one layer of the cake in the turn table, smear the syrup and then add some cream. For easier application, i added my cream to a piping bag, then piped it.
16. Scatter cherries, and place the another layer. Smear syrup and clot some cream and spread using a spoon for rustic homemade look!
17. In a piping bag, add the dark and white chocolate and just put in a spoon/fork and take out to make a marble effect. If the chocolate is too fluid and warm, it will just pour out if you snip the tip of.. So just refrigerate the piping bag for 5 mins or wait for the chocolate to get a little cold and thick before adding to the piping bag.
18. Snip the tip off the piping bag and pour the chocolate over the edges of the cake for that dribbling effect.
19. Take dark chocolate for making shavings about 50 g, and peel it using a peeler to make shavings, Similarly, do it with white chocolate. Scatter this over the cake and Enjoy!
Calories 660Calories from Fat 387
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.7%
Saturated Fat 23 g115%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 167 mg6.96%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 52 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 3960Calories from Fat 2322
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 264 g406.2%
Saturated Fat 138 g690%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1002 mg41.76%
Total Carbohydrates 390 g130.2%
Dietary Fiber 24 g96%
Sugars 312 g
Protein 36 g72%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet