So after making Brioche Hamburger Buns I had to follow it up with a killer burger. So I decided to put together this bacon, portabella burger on fresh brioche buns.
|80/20 ground sirloin||3⁄4 Pound|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon (as needed)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Fresh ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Colby jack cheese slices||6|
|Homemade brioche buns||3|
|Chipotle mayo||3 Tablespoon , divided|
|Crisp bacon slice||6|
1. Roll ground meat into 3 equal sized patties.
2. Clean the mushroom by scraping the brown bottom part as shown in the video.
3. Coat mushroom with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place them on grill and cook for just a few minutes per side or until done. Cut into strips and set aside.
4. Season patties with salt and pepper and cook on grill for about 4-5 minutes per side. After about 2 minutes rotate the patties to 45 degree for grill marks.
5. Once done, place a cheese slice on each patty and top it with few strips of mushroom, followed by another slice of cheese. Cover the lid and cook until cheese melts.
6. Cut the homemade brioche buns in half and toast on grill.
7. On the bottom side of buns, spread mayo and top each with a patty, followed by 2 slices of bacon. Cover with the top half.
8. Serve immediately and enjoy!