In this video I show you how to make the ultimate breakfast burger, or lunch, or dinner. Spicy chorizo pork, crispy taters, and a fried egg to top it off. This is the Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich.
|For the smashed potato|
|Potato||2 Small , cleaned|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , minced|
|For pork patties|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon (garlic flavored)|
|Onion||1 , chopped finely|
|Red chili flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Sherry vinegar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pork shoulder||1 Pound , ground|
|For the romesco sauce|
|Slivered almonds||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ketchup||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Roasted bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crushed red pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the burger|
|Potato buns||2 , sliced horizontally|
|Shredded cheese||2 Tablespoon|
For The Potatoes
1. In a pot place the potatoes. Cover with olive oil and canola oil. Place it on medium heat. Add garlic and rosemary, cover and let it cook till the potatoes are cooked.
2. Remove from heat and let it cool completely. Smash them with a pan or hand. Set aside or put in the fridge till used.
For The Pork
3. In a pan, heat the flavoured canola oil. Put the onion and sauté till it becomes translucent and soft. Add the paprika and red chilli flakes. Continue to sauté for a few more minutes.
4. Pour the sherry vinegar and stir well till all are mixed and continue to cook till it becomes dry and thick. Turn off the heat. Let it cool completely.
5. In a bowl, add the pork shoulder and onion mixture (retain around 3 tablespoons) and mix gently till well combined.
6. Shape the pork mixture into patties. Set aside for a few minutes.
For The Romesco Sauce
7. In a blender put all the ingredients along with onion mixture (step 5) except the olive oil. Blend while slowly pouring the olive oil till it reaches a consistency of mayonnaise. Set aside.
For The Burger
8. Heat the frying pan with oil. Place the patties and fry them till done. Transfer them into a plate.
9. In the same pan, toast the burger bun slices and smashed potatoes (step 2). Transfer them to a plate. Fry the eggs. Set aside.
10. On the bun slices, spread the Romesco sauce. On the bottom half place the potatoes, patties and fried egg one after the other with eggs on top. Sprinkle cheese and cover with the other half of the bun.
11. In a serving plate, serve the burger as breakfast with choice of beverage.
Calories 2297Calories from Fat 1563
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 177 g272.3%
Saturated Fat 31 g155%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1410 mg58.75%
Total Carbohydrates 116 g38.7%
Dietary Fiber 27 g108%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 77 g154%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 4594Calories from Fat 3126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 354 g544.6%
Saturated Fat 62 g310%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2820 mg117.5%
Total Carbohydrates 232 g77.4%
Dietary Fiber 54 g216%
Sugars 48 g
Protein 154 g308%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet