My version of the "Dad's Burger" from "Dad's Kitchen" as featured on Diner's Drive-ins Dives.
|Chili powder/Paprika||2 Tablespoon (Aleppo pepper)|
|Garlic head||1 , peeled|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (or more just enough to cover the garlic cloves)|
|Fresh ground pepper||To Taste|
|Juice of lemon||1/2|
|For burger patties|
|Blue cheese crumbles||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground beef||18 Ounce (mixture of New York steak and Ribeye)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Hamburger bun||1 , halved|
|Green leaf lettuce||5 Gram (as needed)|
|Onion slices||1 (red onion)|
1. Place a pot on flame and add garlic and olive oil in it. Turn the heat to medium low and allow it to simmer. Cook for 30 minutes or until garlic is golden brown.
2. Remove the garlic from oil and allow the oil to cool down to room temperature.
3. In blender, add egg, roasted garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend well.
4. Add chili powder, ½ cup of garlic infused olive oil and lemon juice while blending constantly until you get a creamy consistency.
5. In a bowl, transfer the spread, cover and pop it in the refrigerator.
6. Place two strips of bacon on top of each other and dice them into pieces as shown in the video.
7. On a non-stick pan liner place a round stainless steel form (the chef is using an oil filter wrench instead in the video). Drop bacon pieces in the circle and top it with cheese.
8. Make a patty of ground meat and press it on the cheese. Slowly remove the wrench.
9. Invert the patty and cook it on griddle bacon side down.
10. Season patty with salt and pepper. Place a fire place brick on top of patty and cook until cheese melts. Turn and cook on the other side.
11. Toast buns on the grill.
12. On the bottom side of bun, place lettuce, onion, and tomato slices. Apply garlic spread on the top slice. Place patty on the bottom slice and cover it.
13. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3167Calories from Fat 2453
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 270 g415.4%
Saturated Fat 68 g340%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2595 mg108.13%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 115 g230%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet