Colorful veggies and juicy sweet corn kernels bound together by a creamy white sauce, are loaded onto a fresh and soft burger bun, topped generously with cheese, and grilled till the cheese melts and coats the whole creation. Really, the vegetable and corn hot dog roll has everything that children love and need -- the very best of taste and nutrition for a cheerful day.
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Chopped and boiled mixed vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs) (French beans, carrots and green peas)|
|Boiled sweet corn kernels||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Grated cooking cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped green chili||1/2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
1. In a non-stick pan, heat butter, add mixed vegetables, and sauté over medium flame for 1 minute.
2. Add sweet corn and green chili. Stir and cook for a few seconds.
3. Add white sauce, salt and pepper. Stir occasionally and cook for 1 minute. Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 180 degree C or 360 degree F.
5. Cut each burger bun horizontally in 2 halves.
6. Apply little butter on each bread halves and bake for 10 minutes or until crisp.
7. Spread a portion of the topping evenly on each half of bread and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cheese evenly over it.
8. Bake for another 5-7 minutes or until cheese melts.
9. Serve immediately garnished with tomato ketchup.