A very delicious rustic style burger, that is bursting with Southwest flavors, that will leave you looking for more!
|For hamburger buns|
|Active dry yeast||1/4 Ounce (1 Package, such as Flieshmann's)|
|All purpose flour||1 Pound (Plus More for Dusting)|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (At 105 F)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon , melted|
|White sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1/4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon (Or As Needed)|
|For southwest sauce|
|Mayonnaise||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Minced cilantro||1 Teaspoon (Fresh ones)|
|Smoked paprika||1/2 Teaspoon|
|White vinegar||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ground chipotle chill powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|For avocado crema|
|Crema mexicana||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ripe avocado||1/2 , peeled, pitted|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced cilantro||1/4 Teaspoon|
|For deep fried avocados|
|Self rising flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For soaking)|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|For kobe beef and chorizo patties|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Fresh mexican chorizo||1/2 Pound|
|Aged habanero cheddar cheese slices||6|
|Onion slices||1 Pound|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven and prepare the grill for cooking.
2. Put yeast into bowl of a large stand mixer, drop in 1/2 cup flour and warm water, whisk it together until smooth. Let the mixture stand until it is foamy, 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Add egg, melted butter, sugar, and salt to the bowl, whisk thoroughly into yeast mixture. Add remaining flour (about 3 cups).
4. Fit a dough hook onto stand mixer and knead the dough on low speed until soft and sticky, 5 to 6 minutes. Scrape sides if needed. Poke and prod the dough with a silicone spatula; if large amounts of dough stick to the spatula, add a little more flour.
5. Transfer dough onto a floured work surface; dough will be sticky and elastic but not stick to your fingers. Form the dough lightly into a smooth, round shape, gently tucking loose ends underneath.
6. Drizzle olive oil into the bowl, place the dough in the bowl and evenly coat with olive oil. Cover the bowl with aluminum foil and place it in a warm place for about 2 hours for the dough to rise.
7. Place the dough on a floured work surface and knock the dough to flatten bubbles. Shape it into a rounded rectangle of about 5x10 inches and of about 1/2 inch thickness. Dust the dough lightly with flour and cut into 8 equal pieces. Shape the pieces in balls and tuck the ends underneath as earier.
8. Pat and stretch the dough rounds into flat discs about 1/2 inch thick. Arrange them about 1/2 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Dust buns very lightly with flour. Drape a piece of plastic wrap over the baking sheet (do not seal tightly). Let buns rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
9. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
10. Prepare egg wash by beating 1 egg with milk in a small bowl, until mixture is thoroughly combined. Gently brush tops of the buns with egg wash without deflating the risen dough. Sprinkle each bun with sesame seeds.
11. Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned on top, 15 to 17 minutes. Buns will stick together slightly where they touch.
12. Let cool completely, tear the buns apart, and slice in half crosswise. Keep them aside.
For Southwest Sauce
13. Take mayonnaise, lime juice, sugar, minced fresh cilantro, smoked paprika, white vinegar, water, salt, garlic powder, ground chipotle chili powder and cumin in a bowl. Mix well until incorporated.
14. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before using.
For Avocado Creama
15. Blend avocado, lime juice and minced cilantro leaves together in a food processor or blender until well blended and very smooth.
16. Place the crema in the refrigerator until further use.
For Deep Fried Avocado
17. Cut an avocado in half, and remove pit, and then scoop avocado away from skin with a large spoon with out damaging the avocado. Cut into ¼ inch thick slices across the avocado.
18. Place slices into a bowl containing the buttermilk and let soak for around 30 mins.
19. Heat oil up to 350 degrees F. Take one avocado slice at a time and remove from butter milk and coat with self rising flour.
20. After all slices have been coated, then deep fry or pan fry until golden brown.
21. Drain slices on paper towels, and season with salt and pepper to your taste. You can also use other spices of your choice.
For Kobe Beef and Chorizo Sausage
22. Combine both ground meats together by hand, and form into smaller patties.
23. Heat oil and cook patties on griddle till they develop a nice crust, and are cook through. Place cheese slice over the patties and let it cook until the cheese starts to melt. Set it aside.
For other Ingredients
24. Place onion slices on a tray. Season with salt and pepper.
25. Place the tray on the grill and let the onions caramalise.
26. Cook the bacon slices on the grill as well.
27. Cut the buns into halves. Toast them up.
28. Drizzle southwest sauce on the buns. Arrange patties, followed by bacon, caramelised onions and deep fried avocados on top. Drizzle avocado crema on top. Cover with the other bun half.
29. Secure with a toothpick and whole jalapeno.
30. Arrange on a platter and serve.