A bodacious burger, that I conjured up in my mind, and man did it ever work out!
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Yellow onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Ground beef||2 Pound (Or any other meat of your choice)|
|Bacon salt||1 Teaspoon (PitamasterX)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Bacon strip||6 , fried|
|Habanero jack cheese slices||4|
|Burger buns||2 Large|
|Smoked onion mayonnaise||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded lettuce||6 Ounce|
|Fresh tomato slices||6|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Jalapeno sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Pickled jalapeno||2 Tablespoon|
1. Set up the grill with charcoal for cooking.
2. In a big bowl, mix baking soda with buttermilk. Soak onions in it. Season with salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Let it sit for 2 hours at room temperature.
3. Make patties from ground beef. Season with bacon salt, freshly ground black pepper and cayenne pepper on both sides. Set it aside.
4. Season all purpose flour with salt, pepper and cayenne and then coat the onions with the flour. Deep fry the onions in 350 F oil until golden brown. Season with a little more salt, pepper and cayenne.
5. Fry some bacon on the griddle.
6. Grill the patties (in remenant bacon fat) on the same griddle on which bacon has been cooked.
7. Layer the patties with habanero jack cheese slice. Continue to cook until the cheese starts to melt.
8. Butter the buns and toast them on the griddle.
9. Spread smoked onion mayonnaise on the buns. Sprinkle some shredded lettuce, tomato slices and then place the cheese crusted patty on top. Season with salt and pepper. Spread another layer of jalapeno sauce.
10. Layer with bacon, fried onion and pickled jalapenos. Top with the other bun half.
11. Arrange on a platter, cut in half and serve with beer. Enjoy!