I've been in the mood for a good burger, and I wanted something with bold flavors, so please watch as I make a killer recipe for what I call "Cheesy Whisky Burgers"
|For whiskey sauce|
|Yellow onion||1/2 , chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) , minced|
|White vinegar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Jalapeno tomato ketchup||6 Ounce (1/2 Bottle)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Liquid smoke||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Brown sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot sauce||1 Teaspoon (Tobasco / Lousiana hot sauce)|
|Molasses||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whiskey||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|80/20 ground chuck||1 Pound|
|Hot temperature cheddar cheese cubes||4 Tablespoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Grapeseed oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded lettuce||4 Ounce|
1. In a cast iron skillet mix together; yellow onion, garlic, white vinegar, jalapeno tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, liquid smoke, cracked black pepper, kosher salt, hot sauce, brown sugar and molasses to prepare the whiskey sauce.
2. To prepare the patties, take ground chuck and mix it all together. Make 4 balls out of the meat. Take a ball and create a well in the center of the ball, place a tablespoon of hot temperture cheddar cheese in the well. Bring it together to form the patty.
3. Prepare the grill with mesquiite for cooking.
4. Place the sauce skillet over the grill, stir and cook the sauce. Keep it aside.
5. Put the bacon strips on the grill and let it cook. Also grill and slice some jalapenos.
6. Heat a cast iron plate (griddle) on the grill. Season the patties with salt and pepper. Pour some vegetable oil on the plate, place the patties on the griddle, brush the prepared sauce and cook. Flip the patties, season the other side and continue to cook. Brush with another round of sauce. Repeat flipping and brushing the sauce for sometime.
7. Transfer the patties to direct heat over the grill, cook for a couple of minutes and then transfer them back to the griddle.
8. Toast the buns on the griddle.
9. Spread a layer of whiskey sauce on the buns. Put a slice of tomato, followed by shredded lettuce on the bun. Place the patty on top, followed by bacon and grilled jalapeno slices. Put the bun cap on top.
10. Serve the burger with potato chips and beer.