Today I make homemade Brioche hamburger bums on the Grill Dome Kamado grill.
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (104|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon , cubed|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
|Sesame seed||1 Teaspoon (as needed)|
|For egg wash|
|Eggs||1 Small , mixed with water|
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine warm water, milk, sugar, and yeast. Whisk and set aside for 5 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt. Add butter, little at a time and mix until the mixture becomes crumbly.
3. Add beaten egg and flour mixture into the large mixing bowl with yeast. Mix until well combined.
4. On floured surface, transfer the mixture and knead for 10-15 minutes. You can also knead using processor. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover and set aside to rise for 1-2 hours.
5. Punch the dough and place on work surface. Spread the dough and divide it into balls. Place on greased plastic film, spray oil, cover and set aside for 1 hour.
6. Preheat grill to 400 degree F.
7. Coat the dough balls with egg water mixture, sprinkle sesame seeds, and place on grill. Cover and cook for 10-18 minutes or until done.
8. Toast and top buns with your favorite topping. Serve and enjoy!