|Baking yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canola oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Maple sugar/Date sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Raisins/Date pieces||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Cook potato (for about 30 minutes) till it is soft and can be easily mashed and drain the excess water. (keep about 3/4 cup reserve of this water).
2) Mash the potatoes, add the reserve water and mix well. Allow the mash to cool to a lukewarm stage.
3) Mix yeast with warm water along with honey. Blend them well in a food processor (run the machine a couple of times).
4) Set aside the yeast mixture for about 10 minutes, till it bubbles and becomes foamy.
5) Add the mashed potatoes along with soy milk, honey, oil and salt, to the yeast mixture and blend the contents well in the food processor, till the mixture becomes soft.
6) Add the flour gradually (one cup at a time) and run the food processor, till the dough becomes soft, smooth and elastic.
7) Set aside the dough in a bowl for about 20 minutes and then punch it down.
8) Coat the dough with olive oil (about 1 tablespoon).
9) Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap or shower cap and allow it to rise for about 1 hour.
10) Meanwhile, grease muffin tins.
11) When the dough has risen, punch it down well and roll it on a floured board to a square of 18"x18".
12) Pour a mixture of maple syrup, raisins/dates, walnuts and cinnamon over the dough and spread it over, leaving out 1 inch on all four sides.
13) Roll the dough to look like a jelly roll (cylindrical shape).
14) Slice the roll into 18 pieces.
15) Fill muffin tins with maple syrup and top each tin with a piece cut from the roll.
16) Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and let the rolls rise in a warm place.
17) Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees C.
17) When the rolls have risen and doubles, bake them for about 25 minutes.
18) When done, remove the rolls out of the oven and turn them out of the tins.
19) Serve the rolls warm, upside down; wherein, the maple syrup glaze is seen on top.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 5192Calories from Fat 1153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g198.5%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2101 mg87.54%
Total Carbohydrates 988 g329.3%
Dietary Fiber 84 g336%
Sugars 592 g
Protein 69 g138%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet